Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quinoa Chocolate Pancakes! found on the internet

So I am researching using Quinoa to make pancakes and I came across this striking recipe on a blog from Equador..check it out!

http://www.ecuadorliving.com/2010/07/17/ecuador-quinoa-chocolate-pancakes.html

I might substitute agave syup for the honey as it doesn't spike your gycemic levels. Also I would ditch the egg yolks to keep it low cholesterol..you might then need to add a mashed banana as those yolks add texture..but my guess is between the chocolate and the yolks this is not a recipe that is good for those with cholesterol or diet  issues. Making my subsitutions if they work..This is trial and error..will keep it healthy for dieters..If bananas don't worktry low fat buttermilk w can be purchased fresh or powdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment