Friday, November 12, 2010

Strained Greek Yogurt Dessert and Adora



Fage makes an awesome strained zero fat yogurt. It is rich and creamy and not going to clog your arteries or make you fat.

Here are some of the ways I make it into dessert:

I sweeten it with either calorie less stevia..go easy..its very sweet! or agave syrup which I like the taste of a bit better but it is 30 calories a teaspoonful. One spoonful is usually enough for a teacup of yogurt.

I have a great selection of extracts which include raspberry, lemon..both by Green Mountain and maple, vanilla, almond, rum. cruise the supermarket or specialty shops for your own flavorings







I also keep frozen blueberries..anti-oxidant and raspberries in the freezer.
If you leave them frozen when you add them in, they also provide crunchiness

I also keep sliced almonds and pignolias and walnuts in the cupboard.

Chocolate..if I have a terrific yen..I chop up an Adora chocolate and add it to my yogurt..they make dark or milk chocolate and they are actually a calcium supplement! It tastes like real dark or milk chocolate and the texture is just like real chocolate too..so even though there is a little sugar in it iyou are also getting 500 mg of Calcium plus D3 and you can chop it up into a dessert and feel righteous at the same time. At 30 calories each they are pretty terrific.

Here are some quick desserts I've made:

lemon yogurt ..add lemon extract, lemon zest, lemon juice and sweeten. sprinkle with a few sliced almonds
maple walnut..add maple extract sweetener and crumble a few walnuts in
raspberry yogurt..add raspberry extract and frozen raspberries.
vanilla yogurt add vanilla sweetener and pignolias
or add some whole grain cheerios for the crunch..just watch your portions
or make up your own mixtures..
yogurt sweetened with almond flavoring with Adore
Let me know your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment