Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Leftover Salad

So at Passover I cooked up some lamb shanks..in red wine forever..a little to forever as I slightly burned them. I also made some chick peas thinking to make a chick pea and lamb recipe..but I never did so now I had both and they were aging in the frig..

I am of the opinion we should eat what we want..if the item is fattening then eat tiny portions but have some.

Here is what I did.
Using a bit of good aged balsamic I took tiny bits of the meat..heated up..and chick peas..also heated up. Then I let them sit while I put the last of the salad greens from Passover with some sliced fennel and slices of red pepper and half an apple. I sliced the fennel and apple with my Benriner.. more on this wonderful tool later..I tossed a tablespoon of good olive oil and a bit more balsamic and then added the peas and lamb. It made for a delicious and a little rich salad..I used only a tablespoon or two of chick peas and of lamb so it wasn't a diet breaker..it just tasted like one.

more water..must keep hydrating..

No comments:

Post a Comment